So we all know that a good portion of the world has never taken a photography class. However, these days I would say the majority of folks have a phone in their possesion that might take half decent photos and has a flash.
Have you ever been to a concert or heck, this even happens at Monster Trucks, where EVERYBODY’S flash goes off to capture some epic moment? Why are you people doing this? It hurts my eyes when you flash in my face and I feel sad that you don’t realize it doesnt make the picture better.
Please, stop flashing your innocent neighbors and follow these phone photography tips to get a better picture all the time
1. The number one rule when taking random photos of friends (Men cant seem to understand this one) Take the photo at a downward angle. This makes girls look skinny and love you. I don’t care if you have to hold the camera around the height of your forehead, the bodies being photographed will thank you later. Don’t try and do something inventive by taking a photo from below. You aren’t – and now you will be punched by the person you gave a second neck.
2. At a concert, your flash wont do you any favors unless you are right in front of the stage. If you aren’t, I hope you like the light you just cast on the mullet in front of you because thats all that is going to show up in the picture. Flash – off. If you phone or camera has anyway to adjust the shutter speed, you can leave it open longer to get more light in the photo, but chances are you’ll get blurry bright pics back.
3. Focus is on the phone for a reason. Use it! You can hold down on the phone around the area you want to focus on and even lock that in place. Most phones auto focus already. However, it might focus on something closer to you which will make the actual subject you wanted to photograph blurry.
4. If you are having a really hard time getting a good shot at a concert because of the motion, no worries! Take a video and screen shot your fav moments for pictures later. I love to video crowdsurfing and then picking out the best moments later.
5. Filter – If you havent heard of the thousands of phone photo filtering tools out there – you might need to talk to people more. No, seriously, filters can do wonder (and also terrible) things to photos. If the photo is too dark, an app like Instagram is going to give you tons of options to bring some light into the picture. Hipstamatic and Camwow are all app options with different filters as well.