So this is something that I’ve been wanting to write about for a while. I joined Foursquare about a year ago. Why? Well, why not?! I’ve earned great deals from Foursquare! Sometimes you get specials just from checking in at the same place that you pay with a certain card. It’s can be a ridiculously easy way to save some $.
Ok so here is the rant… Why? WHY would people check into a bathroom on Foursquare?! It isn’t just bathrooms though, its all kinds of crazy places that nobody really wants to know you were at! Here is my list of top 10 places you should stop checking into on Foursquare (and i’ve seen all of my friends do these!)
- The Bathroom – not something I ever cared to know
- Your Apartment – Well at least we have your address…
- The gas station – sure, maybe thats more interesting than your apartment.
- The intersection between Cool Road and Not Cool Road – getting worse.
- Traffic at the intersection between these two roads – stop. Dial 511
- A TSA security check point – this one goes out to my frequent travel buddies. Put your freaking phone away! This is the ONLY place in the whole airport you need to.
- Golden Corral – you just lost 5 street cred. points more than I ever had.
- The Northpole – ok, I dont actually know anybody that has checked in here, but really? you can? thats odd enough.
- An adult movie store – Friends don’t need to know this buddy
- SPACE – w.t.f. – and you can earn a badge there too. Fantastic! Beam me up Scotty.
There you have it.